In the last article, I wrote about how Facebook provides a great opportunity for the church to market itself through their members’ network of friends. We talked about how members can live out their church lives on Facebook, like they live out the rest of their lives and by doing so, can be telling their friends about Christ and their church in a natural, non-invasive way. Not only it is non-invasive, but it’s also free which can be very nice is todays ecomonic climate. So, I thought this post I would list some ideas of ways your members can do this. I’d encourage you to bring this up with your church members and encourage them to actively use Facebook to promote your church and share the love of Christ with their friends.
Here are some ways your members can promote your church and tell others about Christ through Facebook:
- Post comments about doing church activities in your “what are you doing right now” feature.
- Post pictures from church events.
- Blog about church sermons or Bible studies
- Syndicate the church’s blog in your profile.
- Post videos from church events.
- Add church events to your profiles, “Events” application.
- Become a “fan” of your church’s Facebook Page.
Remember, the more members that participate and the more your members post about your church Facebook, the more exposure your church will get.
Do you have additional ideas? Post them below.